About Me

My photo
Are you serious? My life, itself, is a book! How can I begin to tell you about myself? From the day you start reading my blog is the day you can start following my steps... We shall see if you can keep up! Or, we shall see if I can actually keep up!~

Apr 19, 2010

One of many ways to go GREEN!~

*Looking at the calendar*
EARTH DAY!! It is 3 days away!! Some of you wonder... How the heck do we preserve our Mother Earth or how do we become more GREEN? No, I don't mean green with envy. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. There is one way to go green and one of the easiest way to do it is... CHANGE!!


Here are Josie Maran’s eco beauty tips:
  1. Your makeup is one of the easiest ways to go eco.  Try products made with organic ingredients and housed in biodegradable packaging.
  2. Look for lead-free lipsticks to make sure your pucker is chemical-free.
  3. Always start off with a primer using Argan Oil, the Moroccan cure-all, it naturally nourishes and hydrates skin while smoothing fine lines.
  4. You can’t go anywhere without mascara.  Look for mascara with a fragrance-free formula containing organic ingredients like Jojoba oil, Argan oil and Beeswax – these condition and strengthen lashes!
  5. Brush your teeth with organic and natural toothpastes and look to use a toothbrush made in the USA from recycled plastic.
  6. Make the switch from a body wash to a bar of soap to save on excess plastic packaging.
  7. Switch out your regular shampoo for an organic and natural one.
  8. In lieu of conditioner, massage your scalp and locks with coconut or almond oil with lavender before washing the oils out with shampoo.
  9. Organic and fair trade coconut oil is truly pure and makes an excellent moisturizer for the face and body (it’s also great as an eye makeup remover).
  10. Use a non-toxic, natural & organic ingredient deodorant which is free of chemicals.
I can vouch on coconut oil! I cannot go a day without it! 
As for deodorant, some of you may wrinkle your nose but I have not used deodorant in YEARS! Because I live a healthy, RAW-VEGAN living lifestyle, there is no need for it! I LOVE it! 
Call me extreme but there are some things that I can add to what you can do to become more eco-conscious. No, wait... I don't want to bore you to tears and we have a life ahead of us! I will blog more as time goes on so, no worries there!

Double WHAMMY! There's another reason for celebration! The Davis Parents (mine, in particular) was married on April 22, 1972 and they will be celebrating their 38 years together! I will write more about them eventually... but, whoa! DOUBLE WHAMMY! 

Can you give me another reason why we should celebrate on April 22nd?! Do tell!~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Q: Argan oil-where can we get it? 100% pure?
Q: Coconut oil-what product or brand name? How can we use the oil on our face, just leave it on as moisturizer?

Alynn~ said...

Maureen - I never used Argan oil and I have always used either Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil or Vitamin E oil (sometimes spiced up by adding few drops of essential oil). I get my coconut oil from either www.NaturalZing.com or www.UltimateSuperfoods.com. AWESOME stuff!

Yes, you just use a small amount on your ENTIRE body as moisturizer! If your hubby loves coconut and you spiced it up with certain essential oil, girl... Be on the lookout because he will be chasing after you, wanting to lick you until you tingle with giggles! Oh, oh, oh!!!! You can't miss out the CACAO BUTTER! Oh MY.... FOOKING... SOUL! BITE ME!~