About Me

My photo
Are you serious? My life, itself, is a book! How can I begin to tell you about myself? From the day you start reading my blog is the day you can start following my steps... We shall see if you can keep up! Or, we shall see if I can actually keep up!~

Apr 17, 2010

Gator or Sunshine?

You got to be kidding me! Gator or Sunshine? I think they have the names all mixed up with the states! Upon posting up the blog last night, I received an email from a sweet girlfriend about the Gator/Sunshine state and this is what she wrote:


Cute blog – so YOU! I have to correct you one thing – Florida is not a gator state. That’s a no-no.  Wink! No darling – that’s for Gainesville/Ocala and northwest Florida peeps where U. of Florida Gators (barf barf barf) is.  Whatever! I am Hurricane (U. Of Miami) so they are our rival.  By the way, if you ever go to the UF campus – HOOOLYY SHIT! It is HUMOGOUS! Anyway the accurate statement for Florida is Sunshine State.  That’s coming from a native Floridian – born and raise this state.  No wonder why I want to come home after 7 years of living in Rochester – that’s what happened when you are spoiled by living in warmer climate all of your life.  SMILE! SMILE!

The soup sounds good! Damn!  Can’t wait to try it at cafĂ©.




You got to be kidding me! Florida as Sunshine State? No offense but after residing in both states, Arizona shines more brightly, more often, and more intensively than FL. Arizona - 1; Florida - 0. Warmer weather? Yes, granted it is warmer than Rochester! Good golly! Kudos to those all of us who survived the roller coaster ride of Rochester's weather! This past winter, FL and AZ was pretty much similar in terms of its temperature. In AZ, you could easily sit out in the sun and be warmed up within 20 minutes whereas in FL, you would have to assure yourself that you are warm.During the dog-ear summer days, AZ gives a whopping blow to FL! Arizona - 2; FL - 1. What about humidity? Well, I don't mind the humidity and call me crazy but I LOVE to sweat! Perhaps that explains why I love to work out and get myself to soppy wet. Sweating is SEXY! Sweating is awesome! A great way to release! I don't mind the dryness, yet not as dry as AZ because you would be forced to double your consumption of water (unless you take a licking of good quality Himalayan Sea Salt or Celtic Sea Salt to retain water). Another bonus, less usage of oils (or lotions if you use lotion) to lather on your beautiful skin. In this case, Arizona - 2; Florida - 1. A major factor that is important to me = MOUNTAINS! I gotta have my mountains! FL is so relatively flat that if you jump, the highest mountain you would see is in Georgia! If I want to challenge myself to go hiking and feel the burn in my legs, I would have to climb the bridges here in FL! *Shaking head* I need my mountains where I can connect with the roots of our nature, connect with my being, have my nature fix! Yep, I'm a rugged girl. If you love going to the beaches, come on down to FL! I don't mind the beaches and yes, it is a beauty of this planet earth. It does give you the sense of serenity and peace but I still prefer the mountains. Arizona - 3; Florida - 1. That's just me...

I'm about to head out and pump up some blood, to get my heart beating, and my skin wet. Exercises does you wonders - may it be yoga, dancing, walking, jogging, biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock-climbing, etc. It is a way to get in tune with yourself and allow you to relive your soul, take care of your body that houses your soul. 

Hmm... I better stop or else I'm never going to get out of the door! Don't worry! I will write more! Before I skip on out, let me tell you that if you have any questions about health, well-being, foods, recipes, superfoods, life, experiences, me, ANYTHING... I will do my best to answer them!

Have a blissful day! Rawkin' On!~

No comments: